Sunday, July 18, 2010

We made it to Texas!
Happy to be out of the car!
Good news/Bad news....we got a house on off post on post housing! Its a 3 bedroom with a bonus room, duplex with fenced yard..it also has a laundry area and breakfast bar (I think) which i'm pretty excited about, i have three barstools i've had for a long time with no where to use them!! The house however is not ready to move in..the people living there now will be out on the 27th, then they like to give the cleaners a week or two to get it clean...we were staying at a hotel in Killeen, but it was kinda rough so we loaded the girls back into the car and drove the 9 hours to El Paso..The girls and I will be staying with my Sister and her family eating free army lunch and playing at the pool until our house is ready!

Here we are at dinner one night at the PX minus my mom who is taking the pic
I've been running with one of Beths friends, Laurie, i'm surprised at how easy it is to run! I thought it would be hard because of the heat, but its pretty nice..I like it better then the cold! (we do run at 9:00pm, so its not terribly hot)






2 comments:

Cass said...

Have soo much fun!!! Miss you guys tons!!

Jessica said...

I am really glad you posted so I have a better idea of what is going on with you guys. George asked if Ella is in Texas. Kind of sad :( but we're glad you guys get to have an adventure :)