Thursday, October 8, 2009

Yesterday was my Birthday! We had a very full, fun day! I got my new running watch and was able to try it out today. Last night I signed up for two 5Ks, one is this Saturday! I'm so glad my watch came because now I know that I can run a 5K pretty easily and in like 40-45 min. I know thats not the best time, but we just started running like 5 weeks ago, and I was never athletic, so its good for me! My watch tells you the distance you've run, your speed (if you look at it while running), calories burned, how many steps you've taken and times how long you are working out. It also works as a normal watch too, its pretty snazzy! I also got newer couches, so we spent a lot of time cleaning and rearranging (something i've always loved to do (the rearranging part not cleaning!), but its hard now with babies always underfoot!) We ended the day with dinner at Teppanyaki grill and cake at home with family! It was a really great birthday!
These are the stats from our run tonight!
5255 steps
3.440 miles
460 calories burned
39 min 41 Sec
A few pictures from cake eating, we didn't take any pictures during the day, bad I know! Joe was in charge of pictures during the cake time, so here they are!

Ella picked out my cake!




5 comments:

More of Mom's Special Moments said...

What a great day, it was just missing ME!! ha

Caitlin said...

Happy birthday! It DOES sound like a great day. Good luck in the 5k - I'm impressed (I don't think I'll ever run that far). :)

Jessica said...

I am totally kicking myself because I knew your birthday was coming up and I was going to ask you which day it was! I am glad you had a good day. I am excited to see your watch on Saturday, it sounds snazzy!

Madison McShinsky said...

I'm really excited for Saturday too, my watch is suppose to be 95% accurate (the only way to get 100% is with a gps watch (which is the size of a cellphone..HUGE on your wrist) and they are way spendy)so i'm excited to test it out on a mapped out route to see if its close at all! I'm working on a playlist full of new songs too!

Joe McShinsky said...

Happy birthday!! I think your watch is snazzy! Love you!!